- Definitions and Interpretation
|“Cookie”||means a small file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site;|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);|
|“personal data”||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data, EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and|
|“We/Us/Our”||means GreenCity Solutions, a limited company registered in England under company number 07311724, whose registered address is 1 Milnyard Square, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6GX, and whose main trading address is 1 Milnyard Square, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6GX.|
- Information About Us
- Our Site is owned and operated by GreenCity Solutions, a limited company registered in England under company number 07311724, whose registered address is 1 Milnyard Square, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6GX and whose main trading address is 1 Milnyard Square, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6GX.
- Our VAT number is 994497251.
- Our Data Protection Officer is Claire Swindale, and can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone on 01733 667755, or by post at 1 Milnyard Square, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6GX
- By using Our Site, you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. Third party Cookies are used on Our Site for analysis of anonymous usage. For more details, please refer to section 4 below.
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. We may use some or all of the following types of Cookie:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
A Cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of Our Site, supporting functions such as logging in, your shopping basket, and payment transactions.
- Analytics Cookies
It is important for Us to understand how you use Our Site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information, helping Us to improve Our Site and your experience of it.
- Functionality Cookies
Functionality Cookies enable Us to provide additional functions to you on Our Site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences. Some functionality Cookies may also be strictly necessary Cookies, but not all necessarily fall into that category.
- Targeting Cookies
It is important for Us to know when and how often you visit Our Site, and which parts of it you have used (including which pages you have visited and which links you have visited). As with analytics Cookies, this information helps us to better understand you and, in turn, to make Our Site and advertising more relevant to your interests. Some information gathered by targeting Cookies may also be shared with third parties.
- Third Party Cookies
Third party Cookies are not placed by Us; instead, they are placed by third parties that provide services to Us and/or to you. Third party Cookies may be used by advertising services to serve up tailored advertising to you on Our Site, or by third parties providing analytics services to Us (these Cookies will work in the same way as analytics Cookies described above).
- Persistent Cookies
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit Our Site.
- Session Cookies
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit Our Site until you close your browser. Session Cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
- Cookies on Our Site are not permanent and will expire as indicated in the table below.
- For more specific details of the Cookies that We use, please refer to the table below.
- What Cookies Does Our Site Use?
- The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose & Type||Strictly Necessary|
|CookieConsent||Stores the user’s cookie consent state for the current domain||yes|
|_ga||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||no|
|_gat||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate||no|
|_gid||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||no|
|__zlcmid||Preserves users states across page requests.||No|
|zte#||Saves a Zopim Live Chat ID that recognises a device between visits during a chat session.||no|
- The following third party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose & Type||Provider||Strictly Necessary|
|csrftoken||Helps prevent Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) attacks.||pinterest.ie||yes|
|SESS#||Preserves users states across page requests.||pinterest.ie||yes|
|__cfduid||Used by the content network, Cloudflare, to identify trusted web traffic.||zopim.com||Yes|
|vuid||Collects data on the user’s visits to the website, such as which pages have been read.||vimeo.com||No|
|Used to check if the user’s browser supports cookies.||Accounts.youtube.com||No|
|_twitter_sess||Collects anonymous data related to the user’s visits to the website, such as the number of visits, average time spent on the website and which pages have been loaded, with the purpose of personalising and improving the Twitter service.||twitter.com||No|
|external_referer||Collects anonymous data related to the user’s visits to the website, such as the number of visits, average time spent on the website and which pages have been loaded, with the purpose of personalising and improving the Twitter service.||twitter.com||No|
|guest_id||Collects anonymous data related to the user’s visits to the website, such as the number of visits, average time spent on the website and which pages have been loaded, with the purpose of personalising and improving the Twitter service.||twitter.com||no|
- Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling Us to better understand how Our Site is used. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the products and services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) analytics Cookies to gather the required information.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) the following analytics Cookies:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose & Type||Provider||Strictly Necessary|
|GAPS||Used by Google to identify the user when sharing content with a Google +1 button||Accounts.google.com||No|
|NID||Registers a unique ID that identifies a returning user’s device. The ID is used for targeted ads.||google.com||No|
|collect||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.||google-analytics.com||No|
|__zlcmid||Preserves users states across page requests.||Greencitysolutions.co.uk||No|
|zte#||Saves a Zopim Live Chat ID that recognises a device between visits during a chat session.||Greencitysolutions.co.uk||No|
|UID||Collects information of the user and his/her movement, such as timestamp for visits, most recently loaded pages and IP address. The data is used by the marketing research network, Scorecard Research, to analyse traffic patterns and carry out surveys to help their clients better understand the customer’s preferences.||Scorecardresearch.com||No|
|UIDR||Collects information of the user and his/her movement, such as timestamp for visits, most recently loaded pages and IP address. The data is used by the marketing research network, Scorecard Research, to analyse traffic patterns and carry out surveys to help their clients better understand the customer’s preferences.||Scorecardresearch.com||No|
- Consent and Control
- Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies unless those Cookies are strictly necessary; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended. You will be given the opportunity to allow and/or deny different categories of Cookie that We use.
- In addition to the controls that We provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device. The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in all mainstream browsers:
- Further Information
- For more information about privacy, data protection and our terms and conditions, please visit the following: https://greencityutilities.co.uk/site/privacy-policy/